Invest in Bilbao, the local investment office
Invest in Bilbao is the city’s inward investment office, providing free support and tailor-made services for companies, start-ups & investors.
- VISION: Our aim is to position Bilbao as the leading city in the Bay of Biscay, attracting innovative, high value investment projects from key strategic sectors.
- MISSION: Invest in Bilbao provides a one-stop-service, helping investors and entrepreneurs to set up and expand their businesses in the city of Bilbao.
Major property opportunities are available across the city – whether you want to invest in planned schemes or to develop a new property.
Our team will provide you with:
- Information on available buildings, land and office spaces
- Details and on-site visits to new opportunity areas
- Contact details for real estate suppliers on the marketwith real estate suppliers on the market
- Advice on funding opportunities
The Invest in Bilbao office also provides advice on financial incentives and public or private support options for a wide range of businesses. You’ll get specific information about the institution offering the financial support and the requirements you’ll have to meet to be considered.
The Bilbao-Biscay city region has its own financial system and fiscal autonomy, which is different from other Spanish regions. So it is able to encourage entrepreneurship and stimulate the economy through tax incentives.
Our specialised team works in collaboration with the Biscay regional government. These will study your business case and develop a free-of-charge binding report, detailing all available tax deductions for your investments in innovation and tech.
To help scale your business, we’ll help you find the finest talent in the region. We’ll also provide information and advice on important areas including:
- Benefits available to companies hiring local and international talent
- Visas and residence-work permits
- Local information on healthcare, education and housing for newly transferred staff
From red tape to red carpet, the Invest in Bilbao office can be both your enabler and cost reducer. Coordinating all the key stakeholders and organisations needed to bring your project to life. From municipality licences and services, to private and public organisations – at a regional and national level.
Our experienced and highly skilled team will make sure your market entry into Bilbao is a soft-landing. We’ll link you directly with our large support network, made up of business associations and clusters, universities and technological corporations, the chamber of commerce and other important public entities in the region.